Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Whining

Amelia has had spurts of whining lately. It's not constant but it's annoying. It happens when she's tired and nothing will please her. For example, she's in her car seat and drops something and you would think it's the end of the world. You get it for her and it's quiet for 90 seconds until she drops it again because she's tired. Then the whining ensues again and I don't get it for her because I refuse to play fetch. I tell her she can't drop things, she has to be more careful.

During times of whining, after trying to meet her needs and/or explaining the situation, I've resorted to just telling her to deal with it by saying, "It's hard to be a little girl sometimes." So now when I tell her to stop whining she whines, "Is it hard being a little girl?" And I agree with her and remind her to stop. Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't so then I say, "And sometimes it's hard being a mommy, too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home