Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dance Class: Halloween Special

Last night at dance class the girls got to wear their costumes and 15 minutes before the end of class they performed for the parents. Amelia has been telling me for the last week about how she will get to wear her kitty suit for dance class. Beginning at 4 pm yesterday she kept asking when she was going to get to change into her costume. I think she started doubting I had one for her because she then asked, "Do you have a kitty suit for me?" At that point, I gave in and got her dressed. I decided since it was dance class to go with a black leotard and tights (which is why I was holding off dressing her - didn't want to deal with the potty if I didn't have to once she was dressed). Later this week she'll wear black knit pants. I wasn't sure what to do with the tail since it had a loop but the leotard didn't lend itself to tucking the tail into it. I tried a belt and then decided to use a safety pin. While I am wandering around the house looking for different things to try and then going to the kitchen for a safety pin, I have a 4 year-old shadow telling me, "I can't be a kitty without a tail!" Once the tail is attached she says, "Now my whiskers!!!!" So I drew whiskers on her cheeks and she danced and danced in front of the mirror. Such a happy girl, er, I mean kitty. Then she wanted to leave, but we still had 15 minutes before we needed to go. Daddy came home in time to see her, then we stopped at Dodah's (since she won't be here on Halloween) and then off to dance class.

When the parents were allowed into the class Amelia squeals, "There are two persons here to see me!" She was so excited. She then performed a solo of spins and excited dance steps while most of the rest of the class did a cute dance. At least she had fun and wasn't sitting and sulking like one little girl on the end of the front row.

[pictures dated 10/26/09]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home