Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Our neighbors across the street put their tree up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Amelia leaned against the front window and wistfully sighed, "I wish I had a Christmas tree."

We were planning to get one the following Saturday, even though that is a little early for us, and told her we were going to get ours Saturday, which we did. We found the tree quickly and it was only $20. There are a lot of folks selling trees this year and it has driven the prices down - we would have spent $30 to $35 on this tree last year. We get our tree from the same place every year and have a picture of us taken when we get it.

We came home and put it up and Amelia said, "I love my Christmas tree!" I quickly corrected her and pointed out that it was our Christmas tree. She was amenable to that idea, thankfully.

She had a lot of fun helping to decorate it. She put most of the ornaments on about five different branches so we tweaked it just a little after she went to bed. She wasn't as excited about going outside and looking in at it as I thought she would be. (But that seems par for the course with her - I can't ever anticipate what will thrill and delight her. She is her own person.)

It's going to be a fun Christmas.

[pictures dated 11/28/09]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home