Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Forget Pajamas?

Tonight was one of those nights where Amelia fell asleep before we had a chance to put on her pajamas. In this case, she fell asleep at our brass band concert. She was sitting with Dodah and made it about halfway through. I brought her pajamas with me thinking she'd fall asleep on the way home, but instead she stayed asleep all the way home in her regular clothes.

When she is put to bed in her regular clothes she will often wake up in the middle of the night to go to potty (since she didn't get a chance to go right before bed) and there are TEARS. The first time this happened it was funny and I should have learned my lesson and been better about changing her into pajamas when I anticipate her not getting home and in bed in time. After all, I don't like to cause her distress.

So what happens when she wakes up in the middle of the night and discovers she has her regular clothes on? She wails, "What did Mommy forget? Did Mommy forget to put on Amelia's pajamas?"

Not exactly. I mean, It's really, really hard to put pajamas on a sleeping child.

One night when this happened I did at least change her into pajama bottoms but I just didn't want to risk her head and neck bobbing and/or getting stuck in her shirt. She woke up at 3 am and tearfully reprimanded me for her shirt not being a pajama top and how it didn't match her pants.

I suppose if that's the worse thing I've done on those days, it's not so bad, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home