Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Advent Calendar

We've been doing an advent calendar and I don't know who is more excited about it - Amelia or me. She is so good about just doing one a day. It's a My Little Pony one that I got last year after Christmas for almost nothing. The first day she got a pony, the second day a set of shoes and a gift box for it. I've lost track of everything but each morning she gets up and runs to the advent calendar. I usually help her start the little door and then she finds whatever goodie is inside. Then she has to find all her other items and put them in order before she starts playing with the new accessory or whatever. So far, among other things, she has a stocking, some stickers, lollipops, and a second pony.

I've never done an advent calendar - so this is a first for both of us. It's so much fun I think we'll be doing them from now on!

[picture dated 12/7/09]

1 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

I have one that has a box for a magnetic character or thing related to the manger scene (with room for a chocolate) every day. My daughter loves it! Honestly, I hadn't done this with her before last year, and if you'd asked me before then what an "advent calendar" was, you would have received a blank stare.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home