Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Girl Cheese Sandwich

When we went out to dinner a few weeks ago as a family I read Amelia her choices off the kids menu. She picked grilled cheese, but I notice she called it a girl cheese sandwich. It was so cute, and then I forgot to record it in the blog.

Today we went out for lunch after church and as we were walking into the deli I asked her if she wanted a grilled cheese sandwich and she said, "Yes! I want a girl cheese sandwich!"

We had play practice again tonight. She is a farmer this year and she is supposed to run up and grab the teenage boy's hand and say, "Did someone say farmer?" She has NO problem with the line and what she is supposed to do, in fact she's great at it (everyone says so, not just me). The problem is getting her to stand there for the next five minutes while the other teenagers say their lines. Even with holding they boy's hand the entire time, standing still is just not her strong point.

During the children's sermon today we thought the guy asked the kids if they knew what a joey was and Amelia piped up and said a baby kangaroo. It turns out he was asking them about 'joy' and his accent made it sound like joey. I was afraid Amelia was going to say something about the boy at school that she likes. His name is Joey and last Wednesday she asked me if he could come play at our house sometime. I said we'd have to ask his mom so she ran up to Stephanie and did ask! We'll see if that comes to pass. This is the same Joey whom she got all excited about when he gave her a birthday card - all the kids wrote one for her but Joey's was special apparently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home