Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do We Have Power?

So one side effect from the power outage is Amelia prefacing everything with, "Do we have power?"

It's the question she asks before she asks to play computer games or to watch a video. Since we were home several hours Saturday before we left for Nana's, there were several things that she wanted to do that required power - like turning the light on so she could use the potty. I pointed out that if she could see the clock on the stove, that meant we had power. Sometimes she'll be in the kitchen and notice the clock and say, "Mommy, we have power!" (Yes, dear, but don't tell the men that.)

One thing that doesn't require power is her toy microwave. She wanted to put me in time out the other day and have Daddy turn on the microwave timer (which is how I time her time-outs). Daddy was busy with his laptop so I got her toy microwave out and showed her how she could use it for timing time-outs. She proceeded to put all her small stuffed animals in time out. She went in her room, picked one up, told it why it was in time out and to think about what it had done. When I went in there later she was busy reading a book and behind her there was a semi-circle of animals apparently thinking about their various sins. Who knew a toy microwave could keep a 4 year-old so busy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home