Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Go Wildcats!


The basketball game was fun - the Wildcats won! Amelia had a great time although she was confused as to why the Panther wasn't there this time. When we were in Lexington a couple of weeks ago they were having a cheerleader convention in the convention center that is attached to Rupp Arena. One of the groups brought their mascot and Amelia just had to meet it. She had seen it from the second floor landing as she looked down. We went downstairs, found the group and Amelia went up to the Panther and looked up at it with the same awe and wonder she gives Santa Claus. Then she went in for a big hug around the hips. Luckily whoever was inside the outfit was a good sport about it, although you could tell this sort of thing didn't happen too often. Amelia was easily pleased and was very excited to tell me all about how she met the Panther (even though I had witnessed the entire thing).

They also had some large inflatable thing there that weekend but it was a little too hard for Amelia to get through so I propped her over the back but she also couldn't get up to the top of the slide - turns out they had some kind of rope thing you were supposed to use. Poor girl - I felt bad for her.

Anyway ... back to yesterday's game. When we got to the lobby area after the "cold tunnel" (that connects Rupp Arena to the shops and parking area across the street, Amelia was disappointed to not see the Panther or the inflatable. However, she and I stopped at the KY store before the cold tunnel and I let her buy a stuffed black cat she had seen there a couple of weeks ago. (It's really a black bear but it's small and fuzzy and she insists it's a cat so I am humoring her.) It was only $2 but the ladies behind the counter were so taken with her when she walked up with her $2 and her item that they gave her $1.50 in change. Then we met Daddy at the game and Amelia did really well. It helped that we also brought magnets, but I didn't need to pull them out until the second half. I did take her out at half-time and let her walk around. They had a large green basketball suspended from the ceiling near the snack bar and she wasn't sure what to make of that. I love how she notices everything.

It's good to be home but it's time to go through the fridge, catch up on laundry and finish all the last minute Christmas stuff. (I had intended to wrap presents this weekend so I'm really behind now!)

[picture dated 12/21/09]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home