Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Rental Car

Remember how my car got rear-ended in October? I finally got it into the shop. They wanted to wait until they had a bumper for it which happened right before Christmas. With the snow and the holiday, I decided today was a good day to put it in and get the rental. I picked Amelia up from Nana's and told her what we were doing. She was well aware that we still had a 'crinkled' fender from when 'that boy bumped into us'.

We got to the auto body shop and the car hadn't shown up yet so we waited on the little sofa inside the shop where we could watch the guys work. Amelia was a bit frightened and wanted to sit in my lap, which was fine. We talked about what we saw, how the guy was fixing the blue car in front of us, speculating on what happened to it, etc. She was a bit unsettled by the unfinished warehouse look of the place. She still gets nervous inside buildings that have no finished ceilings. I had to call the rental car place to remind them that I was waiting and still Amelia wouldn't budge from my lap - even to sit right next to me. And she had also instructed me to sit on the part of the couch that was closest to the door.

The rental car came and I put her and her seat in it and then went to get her juice and books from the Saturn. When I got in the rental, I jokingly told the guy from Enterprise that either she had chewed his ear off or was silent the entire time. He said she told him she was a cat and then asked him A LOT of questions. That made me laugh. He drove us to Enterprise where I signed the paperwork and then got in the car to get on with our afternoon. As I am pulling out of the parking spot Amelia asks, "Did that boy show you how to drive this car?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home