Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Meet DeMarcus


We named our newest kitty after Kentucky's great freshman center DeMarcus Cousins. Amelia actually named him Big Cat DeMarcus because he is a big cat, and DeMarcus Cousins is bigger than her favorite player, John Wall.

A guy got married and the wife & cat didn't like each other. His friends said to listen to his cat but instead he gave his cat away. And now he lives with us. Amelia is THRILLED to have her own cat. He is still getting used to being here. The other three cats don't like him much but they are mostly leaving him alone or just growling or glaring at him. No marking, no fights, so we're good so far. He talks a lot so we think there is some Siamese in him.

Meg brought him by last night after Amelia was asleep. He explored the house and then we all went to bed. We didn't see him at all this morning and didn't mention anything to Amelia.

I took Amelia to the Y with me for the first time. She LOVED the child-watch area. I wasn't sure how she would react but she immediately ran to the other side where there is a playhouse. There were three other girls there about her size/age and she just fell in like she had always played there. When I came back to pick her up she told me to go away for a while! The girl nearest me told me that she thought it was sweet how Amelia and Riley were best friends. I told her we didn't know Riley and she was amazed at how easily they had become buddies.

When we got home DeMarcus was in the cat napper in Amelia's room but Amelia was dawdling downstairs. I went down to encourage her to come up and then couldn't find DeMarcus. A few minutes later I located him in the basement and brought him upstairs and put him down so he could walk into the kitchen and I said, "Amelia! Look what I found!" She looked up from her book and shouted, "My own kitty!" She immediately came to the kitchen and poured him a cup of food. It was so cute.

[Picture dated 2/25/10]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home