Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Day

We were invited to a birthday party at an indoor pool. Since it's still wintery weather and an hour's drive to the place, I packed everything rather than putting bathing suits on under our clothes. I let Amelia pick out her bathing suit and proceeded to leave it at the house. Bad Mom! I had her cover-up and her floatie and her towel ... but no suit. So she swam in her undershirt and panties. Oh well. I felt bad but she didn't seem to notice until it was time to leave and she had to wear her stockings without panties. She had on the cutest outfit that is a hand-me-down from her cousin, Ashley. It was a dark blue fleece jumper with a blue leopard print heart and trim (and a white turtleneck).

We got to the house for the pizza and cake part and they had a 3-dimensional Thomas cake plus a Thomas balloon and Thomas plates and napkins. Amelia thought it was just fantastic. The little boy's name was Aspen which she pronounces Azth-ben. They had a playroom in the basement with a train table, a ball pit and a big toddler toy with rolling balls. Oh, and a tunnel. She didn't want to leave.

When we got home it had turned into a nice day and we went to the park for a little while with Livia and then to Nana's house so Mommy and Daddy could go out to eat.

She was exhausted by bedtime which hopefully will help her readjust fully to the time change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home