Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Twins

Amelia is still fascinated with being a cat. It turns out one of the special ed teachers in her school mews at her and Amelia will meow back whenever they see each other in the hall. I love how people can enjoy her!

One morning this weekend, I think it was Sunday, Amelia came bouncing in our room with a tummy full of kittens. She had stuffed three stuffed cats under her pajama shirt. And she left them there. I only know there were three because that is what she told me. She was very proud of herself and proceeded to do her morning bed bouncing and parental wake-up as if nothing was amiss - tummy full of kitties and all.

Yesterday Amelia told me how Kristi Sm*** volunteered in her class. I asked her if she knew that she was one of Ms. Mary's daughters, and then asked her if she knew that Kristi was a twin and her sister's name was Sarah. Even though Amelia had twins Emma and Samuel in pre-school last year (which seems forever ago now) and she talks about the twins in the other k-garten class because she sees them at lunch and at recess (Amber and Emily?) she asked me what twins are. So I explained that they are in their mommy's tummy together, that she was the only baby in my tummy but that some mommies have more than one baby in theirs. Then I said that twins are born within minutes of each other so they have the same birthday. You should have heard her, "So Ms. Mary had TWO babies in her tummy AT THE SAME TIME?" I was like, yeah, just like you had three kittens in yours the other morning. She said, "Oh, you mean under her fur." And that was the end of the subject.

She is SO funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home