Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

We were up this morning watching the Royal wedding and Amelia was very interested. She came out of her room asking, "Is this another weddintg?" (We had just attended Christy's.) I said yes and she asked, "But we weren't invited?" I told her no, but that everyone could watch it on TV. When they came down the aisle as husband and wife she asked what Catherine's new last name would be. I told her Windsor, leaving out the part that she would never use it. She then asked what William's last name was (Windsor) and then asked, "Why?" Hmmm. "Because that is his family's name." Tough questions!

Earlier I asked her if she knew there was such a thing as real princesses and she said she did. I also pointed out the choir boys and making the comparison to her children's choir. She noticed how they weren't wiggling and began looking for boys like the ones in her choir.

The best thing was the timing. Since Kate didn't begin her trip to the church until 5:51 am EDT, I didn't have to get up until David did! And we were able to watch everything but the balcony kiss before leaving for school, so Amelia wasn't late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home