Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Banana Split!

It snowed yesterday and it looked this morning like it was going to snow some more. It was overcast and dreary so after pre-school we headed to the mall so I could use a free kid's meal coupon at Chik-Fil-A and let Amelia play in the play area. She noticed that the DAI in Dairy Queen was burned out and that reminded me that she hasn't had a real-life banana split yet. It is featured in one of her Pooh videos (actually the episode prior to the sad, stripeless Tigger one) and she got a plastic pretend one from Aunt Amy at Christmas. So we marched on over and ordered a banana split and I lifted her up so she could see it made. We then shared it - and she LOVED it! It was fun to just do that on the spur of the moment, too.

Then we went to Barnes & Noble where instead of the train table she played with the stuffed animals - putting one on each seat around a table. Then we moved to the stage where she put one on each bench, then on the stage she put one in each child-sized Adirondack chair and proceeded to have a show - complete with an audience!

I had something I needed to return at Books-a-Million and wanted to pop into TJ Maxx real quick to check something. They had a Fur Real cat that Amelia became enchanted with (not hard to believe). It meows and purrs, blinks its eyes, moves its head. I decided to offer to get it for her IF she starts listening to me when I tell her to do something. I hate to resort to that kind of bribing, but I am getting a little desperate. The bargain was that I would take him away if she doesn't listen to me. She agreed and tried carrying him "in his crate" (his box) but needed help. It was so cute! She gets the crate thing from Max, the little dachsund that Dodah has. She likes to crawl in his crate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home