Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Independence

Amelia is not a snuggler and that is one thing I would change about her if I could.

She's never been a snuggler which is one of the reasons I was glad I had chosen to breastfeed. As she got older and mobile, I don't think I would have gotten any together time if it wasn't for being a source of milk for her! On the other hand, I could never cradle her just to snuggle - she would turn her head wanting milk.

At Kindermusik there is always a three minute segment of "quiet time". Most mothers sit and cuddle with their children. I have had to walk Amelia around and whisper to her about things outside the windows to get her to stay in my arms. Otherwise, she wants to run around and look at things and make noise.

A couple of weeks ago one of the boys laid on the floor, so Amelia did, too. She stayed quiet until I touched her and she bounced up saying, "Awake!". Last week, I just let her lay there and did not touch her at all. And she stayed there.

While I am glad she has an independent spirit, it does hurt me a little that she doesn't need me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home