Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Nap Strike ... or No More Crib Tent part 2

Well, Amelia hasn't taken a nap for me since last Saturday. And I say 'for me' on purpose. She napped at Mimi's on Wednesday afternoon, and she napped for the sitter Friday afternoon here in her own crib tentless toddler bed. Thursday afternoon I even pulled out my Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book for advice. It said to just keep putting the toddler back in bed in a non-verbal, non-emotional way each time. And that it could take many times. Ugh.

We took her to the local children's museum this morning with her friend Livia and her parents. This was Amelia's first trip there and she had tons of fun taking part in many of the activities on both floors. We then went out to lunch and came home. Since it warmed up a little, we played outside for a few minutes. She was tired ... but still no nap. I put her down at 2 p.m. and put her back into bed about four times. It's hard to distinguish her playing in her crib from her playing outside her crib until I hear a toy that I know is not in her crib. Finally at 4:30 p.m., we just let her come out of her room. And she was WIRED!

She alternated between the 10,000 foot stares and frenzied motion that was sure to end in a boo-boo. I just couldn't believe she didn't take a nap. She went to bed about 40 minutes early, but didn't fall asleep for about 20 minutes or so. Daddy was concerned that if we put her to bed at 7 p.m., she'd wake at 5 a.m. - I'm so tired keeping up with her, I was willing to risk it.

I will continue trying to put her back in bed in a non-emotional way tomorrow, but if anyone else has some suggestions, feel free to pipe up! (and if you have trouble commenting, just email me at mommy_of_amelia@yahoo.com)

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home