Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Play Snow!

Yesterday was a snow day. Amelia saw it out the front window at 7 am and said, "Play snow!" It was still snowing at that point and only 20 degrees so I told her we could go out later. Three hours and one degree later, we were out there and she had a blast. She wanted to make snowballs but it was too powdery. She was hopping around - she does this little jump hop sometimes that is almost on all fours - and landed right on her face in the snow. She wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. I let her shake herself off and she was running again in no time.

When we first got outside she was totally excited about her mittens and kept saying "Melia's Mittens!" I couldn't understand her at first, and then I got it. After a while I thought it would be wise to head inside, but she did NOT agree. I finally told her we were going to make cookies (see yesterday's post) and she reluctantly came in right after I peeled her snow crusted boots off on the porch so I could put them in the bath tub to defrost and leave minimal snow melting on the carpet to be stepped in by socked feet. (Don't you hate that?)

We got more snow last night and since I had to work this morning, Daddy took us to Nana's in the 4-wheel drive (worth every penny, let me tell you). Amelia was a little confused about having both parental units at Nana's on a Thursday morning and started telling us to sit in our chairs, as in, "Mommy sit in Mommy chair; Daddy sit in Daddy chair." I sat down and told her that I had to go to work and that Daddy was going to take me and then he was going to work, too. She walked over to me, took my hand and led me to the basement door and said, "Momma, work!" In other words, the usual routine of, okay, you brought me here, now you can go. Too funny.
[pictured dated 2/27/08]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home