Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Orange Chessie



When you're 2 years-old and have a pet kittycat (named Chessie) that looks like this, it's a natural and logical connection to be reading your train book and call the animal next to the box a cat. I certainly see the resemblance, now that you point it out, Amelia.

Sometimes, she even clarifies and calls it an orange Chessie. I know I've said this before, but I love how she uses her existing vocabulary to express herself.

Of course, I have tried on a few occasions to correct her and let her know it's a fox, but how do I help her make the distinction? It's like distinguishing between ducks, geese and swans in other books if you ask me. The time will come, but until now I'll let her use her own vocabulary to describe certain things. I enjoy it and I think it helps her self-confidence not to be corrected too often and unnecessarily.

[pictures dated 2/9/08]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home