Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

6 Things

This blog is supposed to be about Amelia, but I was tagged by B for this meme (and later by NMM) and I thought why not? So we’ll take a break from our regularly scheduled program.

1. I am really bad about not putting my seat belt on until I’m on the “big road”, something leftover from my childhood. A couple of times lately, even Amelia has said to me “Belt on, Mommy!” as we (as in just her and me) back out of the driveway.

2. I am addicted to Diet Pepsi.

3. I am no longer Catholic but have observed Lent since 2004 by giving up my much loved Diet Pepsi. The only exception was 2006 when I was still recovering from becoming a mother and dealing with a just-recovered-from-colic 5 month-old infant. Please do NOT remind me I still have a month to go until Easter. I am taking it One. Day. At. A. Time. Hi, my name is …

4. My hair is naturally curly. I hated it until it became significantly relaxed two weeks prior to Amelia’s arrival. I did not recognize myself and had no idea what to do with it. As my mother would say, “Be careful what you wish for.” I still breathe a sigh of relief when it curls as it (air) dries … you do NOT want to see me with blown dry hair. There was a decade for that (think Reagan, leg warmers, paisley ties) … but it has passed. Unless of course you live in New Jersey.

5. Which is where I was born.

6. Of course, I can't stand it when people who tell me how lucky I am to have naturally curly hair. Even worse are those who love the color of my hair "so much". On more occasions than there should have been (and yes, way more than once, unfortunately), women come up to me with weird reddish/purple metallic looking hair saying they were trying for my color. They are beaming when they tell me this, as if they even got close. I smile politely while fantasizing about having enough gray to justify coloring my hair brown and being done with the comments and attempts at mimicry. I fear, however, I am too much of a naturalist (and/or too lazy) to ever color my hair, especially since the gray is becoming more noticeable and I really don't care (right now).

Now for the rules, one if which is that I post them:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

So with that I tag: Clementine, GFF, and LGirl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

You know that lots of non-Catholics observe Lent, right? I think most Protestants do, in fact. I'm kind of giving up desserts...kind of...but my brother in law (the minister) once said that people should give up something that is truly a sacrifice...something that is hard for them. Giving up dessert isn't really hard for me, so I'm giving up gossip...hopefully for good :).

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem, i think you need to leave Jersey alone sister. lest you get a beheaded buddha in the mail. just sayin'...

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home