Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Quarters

Amelia and her daddy have a regular (almost daily) routine of putting change into the train bank - a large Lionel train crossing sign that lights up and makes train noises when the coins go in. She calls everything that goes in a quarter. She really enjoys participating and will drag a kitchen chair over to the bank and tell her daddy to sit down so she can get in his lap and put the quarters in the bank.

Occasionally she sees other items that she also calls quarters. She has a gingerbread house book that has some sort of candy scattered on one of the pages and she calls them, "Quarters!"

Tuesday I took her to visit Daddy at work and there was a Connect Four game in the general office area. (Do you see where this is going?) She had so much fun putting the "quarters" into the various slots. She would say "Red quarter! Black quarter!" as each one dropped. I told her they were checkers and she looked at me like, "How dumb are you?", dropped another one in and said, "Red quarter!" (She also put all the red quarters, er, I mean red checkers in before the black ones. She did that several times, so there was definitely a preference/sequencing/pattern or whatever going on in her head.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home