Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Pepsi

Usually whenever we walk into a restaurant, cafeteria or other public eating place Amelia will declare, "High chair!" Lately, though, she says, "Pepsi!" She picked this up because Daddy and I order Diet Pepsi whenever we go out and she apparently likes saying the word Pepsi.

Shortly after Christmas we went to an O'Charley's thanks to a gift card. We walked in the door and Amelia announced "Pepsi!" Then we were seated and we ordered our Diet Pepsi's and she kept saying, "Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi!" The waitress thought it was adorable and was impressed when Amelia said, "Hot bread!" when the bread came.

Then a couple of weeks ago we went to a Ruby Tuesday's while we were in Lexington to see the KY Vandy game. I went to the restroom shortly after we got there and apparently Amelia went into her Pepsi routine because the waitress asked Daddy if she should bring Amelia a Pepsi. Of course, the answer was no - we don't allow her to have soda, and there is no way I am opening that Pandora's box. We have been very fortunate that she is content to simply label "Daddy's juice" and not demand to have some, and I think part of this is because we've never let her have any. (I got this idea from my sister who calls beer "Daddy soda" and her kids know they can't have any as a result of the name.) It was the first time that Amelia "ordered" something for herself, though, and that seems like a milestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home