Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Trees

Amelia loves broccoli. We don't eat it often, but a few months ago I made some and didn't think she'd like it yet and so it was only on my plate. She reached for it saying, "Trees!" I gave her some of the flower parts and she loved it. This happened the second and third time we've had broccoli, even though they were weeks apart, so it wasn't fluke. And I haven't corrected her either, because I think the fact that she likes to eat trees is hiliarious.

On the other hand, Amelia still doesn't like potatoes. I made mashed potatoes for the first time in a long time tonight and gave her a small bowl with her favorite spoon. She took a bite and then looked at her spoon like, "How dare you betray me? What WAS that?" I really wanted to take a picture of her furrowed brow and priceless expression but then she spotted the trees and started shoving them into her mouth like they were candy.

As a side note on her favorite spoon, she has two identical spoons which are great for self-feeding because they don't turn over as easily. I think it's a Gerber spoon and it has a loop for a handle and the spoon part is pretty deep so she can get a good amount of cereal or yogurt in her mouth each time. One of the spoons is yellow and one is blue. Shortly after our last trip home from Grandma's I couldn't find one of them and made a passing comment about maybe it's still at Grandma's. Now, if I have the nerve to serve her one of her meals without one of those spoons she sighs and says, "Yellow spoon at Grandma's." It continues to amaze me how one comment can get stuck in her head and be used completely in context at another time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

What is with these kids?? Lila also LOVES broccoli and hates potatoes. She will eat french fries and potato chips if I'll let her, but any other potato is off limits. It's weird!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

I am so glad to hear Amelia isn't the only one who doesn't like potatoes. I always thought potatoes were something every kid loved! She doesn't like them in any form either, but since she likes so many other foods, it's usually not a big deal.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home