Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Now Taking Requests

Amelia is really into making song requests which has us becoming more of a singing family than I ever thought possible. (I am not a big fan of singing as I am not a very good singer.) She asks for everything from "Tomorrow song, please!" (from Annie) to "Sing Sorry song!" (as in Sorry, Charlie).

Since she knows her letters so well, we've started telling her what some of the letters can stand for such as "A is for Amelia". Then we introduced her to the "A is for Amelia" song done to the tune of "C is for Cookie". She now asks for the "N for Nana song" and "G is for Grandma song!". One of her favorites is "D is for Daddy song". [have you noticed what is missing?]

We've created a bit of a monster I fear. Since she loves songs so much sometimes she demands one that doesn't exist. "Sing Bunny song Mommy!" results in me coming up with some little jingle just to see her smile, which she does since she loves anything that resembles music.

Now that Christmas is over we wonder if the very demanding requests for "Jungle Bells! Sing Jungle Bells song please!!" will cease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home