Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Stinky Mouse

Amelia doesn't know who Mickey Mouse is. She has, for a while now, recognized that there is a "Mouse!" on her diaper (thank you, Huggies). Somewhere along the line she heard someone refer to Mickey Mouse when his image was present elsewhere. (I forget where now ... are you picking up on my Disney apathy?) and she said, "Stinky Mouse!". I did not correct her. Nor have I corrected her since then. Therefore, anytime she sees him she says, "Stinky Mouse!" This includes yesterday.

We were in Barnes & Noble looking at discounted children's books near the front of the store. She wandered up to the display and was practically leaning against the mother-daughter duo who were already there browsing books. (This is where my mother would have said: She's got the entire row but she wants to stand right where there already is someone. And I say: Yep, that's my daughter, but she's 2 and she isn't hurting anyone. Besides, look at how they are totally ignoring her like she isn't even there.) Anyway ... Amelia spots a Mickey Mouse book and declares, "Stinky Mouse!" That's my girl. It was hilarious.

I told her daddy later that I am wondering how long this will last and secretly hoping it lasts for a while, although not to the point someone makes fun of her over it. I am, however, envisioning a note home from her kindergarten teacher about how Amelia was arguing with her classmates over Mickey Mouse's name really being Stinky Mouse. In the meantime, it may be time to introduce her to Pinky & the Brain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

It really is cute when then get words slightly wrong sometimes. I don't always correct Lila either.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home