Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Potty Time

Amelia will kill me for this when she is old enough to read this blog ... but she peed in the potty this morning!!!! I am so excited! (Can you tell?)

After she woke up this morning and had been toddling around for just a couple of minutes, I asked her if she wanted to go potty and I took her diaper off and she sat on her little potty. I walked away for a few minutes since I was getting ready for work and needed to pack her lunch. She came running out and I asked her if she went. She ran back in and sat down. I followed her in and looked, and she had gone! She didn't seem too excited about it, despite me saying, "Great job, Amelia! You peed in the potty! Yay!" In fact, she held out her hand and said, "Ten more minutes!"

I let her sit for a few more minutes and then convinced her we should go ahead and get dressed so we could go to Nana's. I've given her a few more opportunities today, but nothing else has happened. But she is happy to sit there for a few minutes, rather than popping up after five seconds like she used to prior to this weekend, so that's good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Lila does pretty good with the potty so far too. We're actually having more success than a friend of mine whose daughter is exactly one year older than Lila. Good luck with the potty training, and keep us updated on the progress!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home