Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

There's Poop In There!

Yesterday Amelia pooped in the potty. (And boy, there was a lot!) I wasn't in the bathroom at the time (I had already read her two books and she was content to read to herself so I left. I then heard, "There's poop in there!" and she was standing up and pointing down at it. I was very congratulatory, as usual.

I do realize all the times she has successfully used her potty are really just good timing, not a connection yet between urge and going. I figure with some consistency and regularity (haha, no pun intended), she will make that connection soon. And, just as I had suspected, it's much easier to clean her bottom after a potty poop than a diaper poop.

Yesterday evening she wasn't content with just reading during a potty break and she asked for her kitty keyboard. I couldn't help but take a picture - can you blame me? Besides, who can say that Mozart didn't start out this way?

[picture dated 1/15/08]

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Lila hasn't pooped on the potty yet. I know that when she goes she just goes b/c at the moment that she sits down she happens to have the urge to pee. I don't believe she has made the connection of "I need to pee, lets go to the potty" quite yet either.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home