Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Phantom Milk

We celebrated Groundhog Day this year by going to another basketball game. This time it was Kentucky v. Georgia, and it was another win - GO CATS! We brought Amelia, all decked out in her Wildcat regalia of course, and let her play on the campus for about 20 minutes before going into the arena. She had fun running around, playing with her Tigger ball and eating her lunch. She also demonstrated once again that, like her mama, she is a tree hugger!

Once inside I scored a red and black pom-pom for her which she waved around too eagerly, so we took it away after apologizing to the lady in front of us. It was one of those pom-poms on a somewhat long stick, and before the lady arrived Amelia had it pointed to the ground, twirling it around and saying, "I sweep! I sweep!" Too cute.

As we were leaving the game, the same thing happened that has happened after the other live games I've attended this season. My boobs started to ache like I needed to nurse. At the last game I even made a comment to my husband about it as we exited Rupp Arena. And finally this past Saturday I realized ... I nursed through two basketball seasons and so this is the first basketball season in three years that I wasn't rushing back to a baby. However, I am left with some kind of Pavlov response to the end of a ball game that I hope is gone by next season!

[photos dated 2/2/08]

2 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Haha! I can't believe the boob thing! Wow..how weird!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Too funny! I think our bodies are miraculous.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home