Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Saturday

Daddy was gone for a few days at a conference. Amelia didn't seem to notice too much - probably because he left close to his normal time Wednesday morning. I didn't go out of my way to point out his absence. When he came home late yesterday afternoon, it was also close to his normal time and she didn't make a big deal about his arrival which disappointed him.

This morning he left for a Wildcat game (I wasn't up to a roadtrip two weekends in a row) and she asked about him most of the day. We came home from the park and she said, "Daddy home? Daddy home?" When he left this morning, he told her where he was going and she even repeated it a few times, but she really noticed this time that he was gone and that his absence was not part of the normal routine. She was pleased to see him tonight just before bed (I kept her up an extra 30 minutes).

Meanwhile I had a great day with Amelia - taking her to the park, playing with her, taking some pictures and even some video. We played with puzzles, had a tea party and read books. She is such a constant chatterbox lately, and she's not afraid to tell you what she wants, when and how she wants it. I am pleased that she still listens, so there's some give and take with the demands, er, requests that she makes.

In the past few days she has started repeating scenes from her various Baby Einstein videos and then follows up with a request to watch the video in question. Since I limit her TV time, I have spent more time redirecting her than I thought I would have to at this age. It's kind of fun, though, because playing with her is much more interactive now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home