Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Her Own Language

Amelia has only a handful of words that aren't "real" but they crop up regularly. If I don't record them now, I will forget them. She usually uses them when she reads to herself and if I repeat the word, she grins maniacally.

Oystersers and Polekissers are long-time favorites now. At first we thought she was saying ostriches for the first word, but now we don't necessarily think so. The second word - who knows. And lately she has added watercades (waterfalls?) to the repertoire.

Most of the time she uses "real" words and does so correctly. The exception to this is the phrase "too big" which is used anytime something isn't working out quite the way she intended. It's kind of funny.

*nap update 2* She took a nap again today. Yay! She only got out once and it was to get her dinosaurs. She talked to them for about 10 seconds. The last thing I heard was "momma [dinosaur] missing" and she promptly fell asleep after that. The dinosaurs are now on top of our toilet seat. I should go move them while I'm thinking about it ...

1 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

The made up or mispronounced words are my favorite!

Yeah for naps!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home