Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Second Tooth, First Grade!


What a fun, adventure-filled week we’re having! Monday evening Amelia finally lost her second tooth. It was pushed out so far from her new tooth growing up behind it, but it did not want to leave! For over two weeks I’ve been wiggling it every night, and pulling once or twice. Monday evening I had a firm grip for a third try at pulling and Amelia pushed my arm away – and out came the tooth! Talk about teamwork. Just like with the first tooth, it went from pain to proud in one moment! She had a huge smile on her face.

She put it in her Hello Kitty’s dress pocket and when the tooth fairy showed up later, she couldn’t find Hello Kitty! But apparently she persisted (with some help) and in the morning, Amelia had coins instead of a tooth! And just enough money to add to her chore money to buy her Trouble game that she’s been after. It’s good timing, too, because we already had plans to go to Wal-mart in the evening to buy schools supplies after “Meet the Teacher”.

Today was Amelia’s first day of school and she did so well going in, putting her things away in her cubby, finding a seat and getting started. I am so proud of her! I can’t wait to pick her up and hear about her day!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home