Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend: First Play, Reading in Church

We took Amelia to her first play yesterday. It was the 3 Little Pigs at Barter Theatre, about 90 minutes away. They did a really nice job and Amelia enjoyed it. She especially liked Maxie, who was Wolfie's assistant and wanted to re-do his lair because Maxie "just wants to make everything beautiful."

Today she read in church for the first time. In my effort to interest her in what goes on during church, I had pointed out the teens that read. That day on the way out she asked the pastor if she could read sometime! She really wanted to do it! I was shocked. He chose Father's Day and I was a little anxious that it was too soon and she would be distracted by the microphone or the people watching her but we decided to go for it.

This morning I was thinking of it being Father's Day, getting ready to make breakfast, all the normal Sunday stuff and she came in the kitchen and said, "I can't wait to go to church because I get to read today!" It was all she could think about. Just before the service she told Jacob, "Today's a BIG day! I am reading!!"

She did a great job and loved it so much she wants to do it again. She read Genesis 1:1-5 and did the entire thing before looking up and giving the biggest smile. People started to applaud and she got really shy and flopped on the floor (which is something she does when she gets embarrassed by attention from others). She got right back up and went to her seat. She was so herself and it was great.

[photos dated 6/18 and 6/19/11, respectively]

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I love that story about the church reading!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home