Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Her mind

She is definitely growing up. She now says chihuahua correctly instead of chi-wala.

I still love hearing how she thinks, though. The other day she said that Dodah didn't like how she doesn't name animals with real names but instead will call a cat "kitty", etc. She explained to me, "I need to read more books so I can learn more names. Dodah doesn't understand that I don't know enough names yet!" Her earnestness was so cute.

Dodah thought it would be cute to write the word "mind" on a piece of paper, hide it and let Amelia help her find her mind. It was funny that afternoon to hear Amelia say, "Dodah lost her mind but I helped her find it!" A few days later she said to me, "Mommy, I think I need a new mind." I thought she was going to go to her desk and just make one! She does sometimes say, "My brain is too tired. I just can't think." I already knew it goes a million miles an hour, so that just give me proof!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home