Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

2-1/2 Years Old; Easter Egg Hunt

We had a very nice family day today. We went to Books-A-Million where Amelia had a ball playing with the Thomas table. After that we went to lunch at O'Charley's and Amelia decided she most liked the bread and Daddy's spaghetti. Oh, and Mommy's soup. She was pretty insistent about trying it, and even liked it despite it being both a little hot and a little spicy. She's growing up so quick.

Before explaining the joy of the Easter egg hunt in the afternoon, I will mention that we graduated to training pants the other day and since then Amelia will not pee in the potty. Even if she is on there for like 20 minutes, she doesn't do a thing and within five minutes of having the training pants on she pees everywhere. I am quite frustrated at this turn of events as she had been doing pretty good with going potty up until now. We are three days into this regression and I am totally unsure what to do. I even bribed her with stickers yesterday.

So onto the Easter egg hunt. I was concerned that Amelia would be left in the dust by the big kids but her daddy and I were both pleasantly surprised that she totally caught onto the concept. In fact, we ran out of room for eggs! Then she discovered they were awfully fun to throw, but when she retrieved them she would say, "Not balls, these are eggs." Daddy overheard her playing with another child and she said, "This is Amelia's and not yours." Her first compound sentence perhaps? But oh my, we're going to have to watch her socializing skills!

After the egg hunt our church had a sloppy joe supper with cupcakes and Amelia gobbled them up. I even let her have a little kool-aid and she had her very first kool-aid mustache! Dodah came by the house a little bit ago and brought her a basket of goodies. Amelia, now the pro at opening plastic eggs, found two large marshmallows and was delighted. She labeled them as the yellow duck and pink rabbit correctly, took a ladylike bite of the duck, then shoved the rest in her mouth. Then she said, "I eat the duck first."

She is so turning into a little kid and I'm loving it. She is a lot of fun and has so much personality. I just hope she catches onto this toilet training thing soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home