Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Playing Games

Amelia is really starting to show signs of imagination and playing pretend.

For months now she has played the "where did the ball go" game after tossing it somewhere. This is always a fun way to engage parental units after all.

Lately she has started her walking Pooh toy and then run from the living room to our bedroom (we have a small house) and shouted, "Where Pooh go?" After a few seconds she will poke her head around the partition we have up between the door to our bedroom and the living room and then look completely delighted to have found Pooh - who is simply where she left him. She will then run up to him, grab him and laugh. It's so cute.

She's also been spending time playing with her Little People and jabbering away. She also likes to play with her farm and the various animals. She enjoys having then come through the barn door and I hear her in her room babbling and playing. I have no idea what she is saying with them but I imagine conversations like, "Oh, Mr. Cow? I didn't know you lived here, too!" And I think to myself that it seems so soon for her to be play-acting (or whatever it's called).

She is also mimicking more and more behaviors and more and more words, which she uses soon thereafter in correct context.

It's so amazing to watch her develop, and it's so fun and rewarding to be a part of it. And there's nothing better than when she wraps her arms tightly around my neck and half-shouts, "Mommy!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home