Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

25 Month Check-up

Okay, so it was really her delayed 2-year check-up. Here are the stats:

height: 34 inches
weight: 27 lbs.
2 shots: 2nd HepA; 1st of 2 flu
2 bandaids ("bendends")

Amelia thought it was fascinating and a little fun to watch the nurses put gloves on their hands. I felt so bad seeing her smile knowing that she would soon be very upset. She calmed down very, very quickly, though. (see aforementioned 'bendends')

Daddy said he had heard that you double the 2-year height to gauge how tall one will be as an adult. That would make her 5'8". However, my 2-year height (yes, I got out my baby book) was 36", which would mean I should be 6" tall. I'm 5'5.5". So much for that old wives tale, huh?

What is interesting is her exponential growth - she has really caught up in the last year. Dr. Bradley said she wouldn't have recognized Amelia if I wasn't with her! And a nurse and staff member also told us they couldn't believe how much she has grown. I can't either - she was soooo small when we took her their for her first check-up at a mere 4 days old.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Oh my goodness, the picture w/ the hat is precious!!! She is so pretty!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home