Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Big Girl Bed?

Amelia discovered she can climb out of her Pack-n-Play this afternoon during nap time so I tried to get her to sleep in the bed on the floor. (Grandma has one of those beds where a twin rolls out from underneath and can stay on the floor or come up and become part of the upper twin to make a king sized bed.) Amelia liked the novelty of the “big girl bed” but wouldn’t stay in it. Our Pack-n-Play has the harder part that the baby lays on and which wraps around the collapsed frame when carried, but it also has a mattress. A few minutes ago I removed the harder part and that seems to have taken out the extra bit of elevation she needed. I gave Amelia her walking Pooh Bear as a distraction and that helped quiet her “Bed! Bed!” tantrum as she reached toward the bed on the floor. [Update: It worked. She's asleep.]

I have to admit it was really cute when she wandered into my parents’ home office unexpectedly. She had put her little skirt back on – but with two legs into the same leg hole – and came in saying “Pants on! Pants on!”

We’re at Grandma’s four more naps and nights. This should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home