Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Language Explosion

We were driving down to Grandma and Papa’s Saturday and we stopped at a rest stop. I got out of the car first to get rid of some garbage and when I came back my husband asked me if I often tell Amelia that I’ll be right back. I thought about it and said, “Hmmm, I guess so,” to which he replied, “As soon as you left Amelia said ‘Mama right back!’”. That cracked me up. You don’t realize the things you say until you hear them repeated back to you!

For a while Amelia has said things like, “Where Mama go?” with her hands outstretched. Now she says, “Found Mama!” or “I found Mama!” She is really beginning to talk in sentences and the other night she started saying the word “and”, as in “bird and dog and cat and ….”. This went on for a number of animals. She sounds so much more grown up talking in sentences or near-sentences, especially when she starts using my phrases like, “Come on!” when stands at the door and wants me to take her outside.

Since we’re at Grandma’s we don’t have her changing table to use. I told Amelia we needed to change her diaper and she said, “Lay down” and proceeded to lay on the floor for me. She is so smart! (and good!)

Her version of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” is really coming along nicely and I have yet to get it on videotape. It still starts out, “Tunkle tunkle” but her version is really starting to resemble the actual lyrics when she sings along with Daddy. However, he already went home so we’ll have to get it on tape next week. In the meantime she sang it last night with Grandma for Papa, so she's still getting some practice, although Grandma doesn't know to stop at the end like Daddy does, to let Amelia do the last "are" all by herself.

She has counted to 13 for Papa and will then start clapping for herself. If you don't start clapping along she commands you to "Clap!" I still think her version of 11 is very cute. She's doing so well it is probably time to add some numbers to her repertoire and maybe go to sixteen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home