Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

From Black Eyes to Black Spoons

The other day I pulled out a black plastic spoon to help Amelia feed herself. It's now her favorite spoon and she asks for it incessantly until it appears. The thing is, she pronounces black as "blap" and when she puts it with spoon, the "s"disappears so it winds up being "balp poon". When repeated in quick succession it sounds like Amelia is demanding a baboon.

And speaking of primates (or primate-like animals ... it seems that I've heard that not all of them are in the primate family, but I am no biologist and can't keep it straight), did you know that monkeys are Irish? At least the ones here are because Amelia keeps calling them mickeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home