Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween


Amelia was a giraffe this year for Halloween. I wanted her to be something she could recognize, and something that would keep her warm. She was pretty unfazed about the get-up. I tried to show her that she had become a giraffe by opening the linen closet door to use the full length mirror. She was much more interested in the contents of the linen closet. Oh well.

While we were trick-or-treating, she had a lot of fun kicking her way through the dry leaves on the ground, crawling on the grass and even rolling over. Who knew giraffes did such things? [My experience with giraffes is limited to seeing one harass a zebra by nudging it in the butt and chasing it at a zoo.]


We had fun trick-or-treating among the neighbors and went with Livia and her parents. Then it was off to Nana's where a tired Amelia asked for a story.

This past Saturday was the fall festival and Amelia had her first hay ride which she loved. She heard the chug-chug of the tractor pulling us and turned to me and said, "Choo! Choo!" and I said, "No, it's a tractor." So she said, "Tractor!"

After the hayride we had trunk-or-treat in the parking lot. Amelia had more fun taking the candy out of the bowl and putting it back in. She was lining it up and if you took something, she got up and took it back from you, with a stern expression of disappointment on her face, as if to say, "You're a grown-up, I expect better behavior from you than that!" It was really kind of funny.

[pictures dated 10/31/07 and 10/27/07]

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Amelia's such a cutie! I love her giraffe costume.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home