Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pooh Juice

Amelia hasn't been too wild about milk. At first this wasn't much of a concern to me since she nursed until mid-March.

She was using a sippy cup for juice before she started using a sippy cup for milk - I was still putting milk into a bottle until she was about 18 mos. old, partly because she was still working through the stash of frozen breast milk. Once she was taking just regular (goat) milk, I always put it in a different sippy cup from her regular juice sippy cup (which is a Playtex cup). Part of the reason I don't use the same sippy cups for milk and juice is I can't stand the smell of milk and plastic - I can always smell it no matter how well it's washed and it's gross and I didn't want that smell mixed with her juice.

Amelia never liked the Avent sippy cups, although I would still use them from time to time. She did seem to like the Nuby ones which was fine until she had enough milk and would turn it upside down and push down on the soft top, causing the milk to flow out. Messy. So I would try to watch her closely which isn't always easy or fun to do.

When we visited Grandma in May, we used one of those throwaway cups and Amelia seemed to really like it. I remembered I had some Pooh ones like it at home and Voila! Pooh juice was born. (I also discovered about a month ago that, while she didn't show a preference for cold or warm milk earlier, she now likes it better if I warm up the milk to at least room temperature.) So all summer she has asked specifically for "Pooh juice!" when she wants it and I no longer have to worry about her dairy, vitamin D, etc. intake being too low. (She still eats yogurt every day but cheese is come and go since she reacts to it like she did cow milk.)

[picture dated 8/5/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home