Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Home"

I pulled into the garage this afternoon and Amelia said, "Home." How sweet! She learned the word from her 10 Ladybugs book. This is one of those books where there is one fewer bug on each page as a frog or other predator comes along. Daddy hates this book (and one like it called 5 Little Ducks) and thinks it's ridiculous that at the end all the ladybugs all of a sudden reappear. On the last page, there is one word, "Home," and Amelia said it the other day when I read her that book. The unusual thing was that I usually don't read her books, I just point things out or she points them out to me, but this time I read it and as the last page was turned but before I could read the word, she said, "Home". I think her Nana had been reading the book to her and she picked it up - and now she says it in context as we drive into the garage!

Now that she can say, "Steps," she realized she can also say, "Star," which pleases her since that is one of her favorite things. She has had a lot of fun saying, "Star," today! Her new word makes me even more excited about her name plate arriving which I ordered from Chas who does great work in both wood and canvas. Check it out:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home