Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

22 Months on the 22nd

My baby is growing up so fast! I cut her bangs again this morning. This was the second time.

She said "steps" today - more than once and in context! She first said them as we were leaving church, and as she barrelled to them! She said them coming up the basement steps, too.

I get so excited when she says words, especially now because she started saying so many letters that I am starting to believe she can say as many letters as she can say words now. I haven't actually written them down to compare, though. It just seems odd that her words are just now taking off - AFTER she knows so many letters. It's like us learning how to read by sounding out, she's learning how to talk by knowing the sounds of letters. For example, she didn't say "baby" until she could say the letter "b".
Today she got to play with her new ball for the first time. It's a huge bouncy ball that we took out in the yard after Daddy got home. When we came back in she found one of her smaller balls and then started saying, "Mama!", short pause, "Baby!", short pause, "Mama!", short pause, "Baby!". I looked up to see her referring to the big ball as the mama ball and the small ball as the baby ball. So smart!

[picture dated 7/22/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home