Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Letters, Numbers and a Body Part

Amelia can recognize several letters and says them quite clearly: F (pronounced 'eef', much like 'eaf' for "leaf"), H - the first one!, I, M, P (which she also says while pointing at the bathroom, this could prove embarrassing), T and X sometimes. She loves her alphabet books and I finally opened up a package of magnetic letters for the fridge.

She also recognizes and says the number 5. (so now she can say 2, 5 and 8 - and she sometimes says 8 for B.)

And the new word for the day- elbow! (ah-boo). She kept saying ah-boo and I would repeat it. After about 8 repetitions she touched her elbow and I finally understood. Duh!
[picture dated 7/7/07]

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Dang! She's a genius!!!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home