Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Healing Face + Favorite Toys

When I took the band-aid off yesterday her boo-boo looked a lot better, much more superficial. When I first take the band-aid off the skin where the adhesive was gets really angry looking, so I wait until it's normal again before putting a band-aid back on. She HATES having one put on or taken off, but she's fine once it's on.

A "first surgery" has taken place, just not on Amelia. We've had the first "toy that's been loved too much" and in this case it was a small bunny that plays "Easter Parade" when you press the tummy. Amelia got this for Easter from a family friend and just loves it. I noticed the arm was dangling and meant, on several occasions, to mend it, but didn't manage to do so until one day she brings me a pink bunny arm. Oops. I am reminded of the phrase a stitch in time saves nine. So I set to work re-attaching the arm and I think I did pretty good. It's the right arm and it sticks out a little more than the left, but I doubt Amelia will notice. So far, she still loves him the same as before. Perhaps if he ever stops singing to her, that will be when she loves him less. (The girls loves her music!!!

A favorite new book that came in Daddy's Father's Day bag (from his baby girl) is in Spanish (I am hoping that she can pick up some Spanish at an early age since it's good for the brain - and in general - to be able to speak and understand another language). She really loves the colors in this book. This page makes me think of my middle school days when I flirted with the idea of being a Gator fan.





[pictures dated 6/25/07]

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

brilliant! Gator colors :)

Seriously, her face looks awesome. And good job on the stitching!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home