Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Day Out with Thomas

We spent the Day Out with Thomas yesterday and Amelia had a ball. Of course we had to get her a balloon in the shape of Thomas that is as wide as she is tall. She LOVES it and will point to it and say "Choo!". While we were there she also rode in her very first amusement park ride all by herself. Perhaps it's appropriate that a little girl named Amelia would ride in a plane? I didn't think of that at the time, it just happened to be the ride with the shortest line for a tired girl who would soon be taking her nap.

This morning I made waffles like I do almost every Sunday and when we all sat down Amelia grabbed my hand and then reached for Daddy's. We always say grace before lunch or dinner when we eat at home and apparently Amelia thought we needed to say grace over breakfast this morning. So cute!

After church she said "bib" for the first time when I was getting ready to feed her lunch. It was a little more abstract than some of her words but it was clear what she was trying to say.

Yesterday she said "eaf!!" when Daddy stopped at a tree on the way to the car. She repeated her version of the word this morning during her Baby Shakespeare video. Smart girl!

Oh, and about Baby Einstein - those have been a godsend since her days of colic. Even as young as two months, she really calmed down and was soothed by Baby Mozart. Once she became mobile, I would put one in while I took my shower so that I knew she was safe (as she stood mesmerized by the sights and sounds of the video). Now when I ask her if she's ready to watch her video (it's the only time during the day she watches TV), she will take my hand and lead me to the TV, but I think she's ready for something more enticing to a toddler because she has taken to wandering into the bathroom and thinks it's much more fun to visit mommy. I wouldn't mind - because it's kind of funny to watch her go from one end of the shower curtain to the other, peeking in at each end with her huge smile and twinkling eyes before laughing as she goes to the other end - except that she gets wet and she's usually already dressed for her day by the time I get ready. I have a Barney video in there that I guess we'll have to try, oh horrors.

[pictures dated 6/2/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home