Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Choo

Amelia has said "choo" or "choo choo" a few times when playing with or pointing at trains. Given her daddy's passion for them and our indulgence of things Thomas, we thought it was adorable that she was starting to make "choo choo" noises.

This morning, she said "choo" (but clearly meant "two") when her Baby Einstein Numbers Nursery video was about to unveil the number two. Wow! What a smartie! She didn't attempt to say one, three, four or five, but the fact that she recognizes that she can say the word "two" in context is so cool!

And speaking of two, she is practicing being two, unfortunately. She will have little fits when she is upset about something and I am learning to ignore them after doing a quick once-over to determine she is just frustrated. I hope by not reacting, she will not fully develop this attention getting habit. For example, she wants a particular book and she slides to the floor next to it, squints her eyes shut and whines. No tears, no bumps or scrapes, just drama. After a few seconds (which seem to me like minutes as I convince myself I am not a bad mama), she realizes that no one is paying attention, she opens her eyes, picks the book up herself and proceeds to read it happily. Ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home