Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ball

Well, of course I forgot all about "ball" which Amelia has been saying for some time now. She did that typical baby thing of just saying "bah" for a while but was definitely referring to a ball. She would even say "bap" which I thought was pretty darn cute. When she would use that version of "ball", though, she would use her high pitched voice, which I don't always find so cute.

About a week ago she started pronouncing the word almost correctly and it's cute to both watch and hear. She very carefully closes her mouth, as if she has an apple in it (future oboe embouchere?) to say the ells at the end of the word. They are always quieter than the beginning of the word and it is just adorable.

Since I love posting pictures of her, here's one from a few days ago while she was playing with one of her favorite toys. It's a push button phone with a plastic rolodex of animals. They are a little hard to turn, but they announce whatever the animal is and either play a song or count depending on the setting the phone is set on.

She has a cold today and so we're laying low. Thankfully she doesn't get sick often, but it's usually on a weekend when she does. Weird.

[picture dated 5/1/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home