Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bubbles & Scratches

Friday night before supper we went outside and played with bubbles. Amelia had gotten a bottle of Mr. Bubbles for her birthday and it's just sat in the closet all this time. I think she's done bubbles before, maybe at daycare, because she took the wand from me and started waving it around expecting bubbles to appear. I had forgotten you could do bubbles that way - I was doing it the old fashioned way of blowing into the wand. She noticed that and then started putting it in her mouth rather than blowing, so I stopped demonstrating that technique. She soon lost interest in making bubbles and was happy to chase them, so I went back to my tried and true method of blowing bubbles, since I think you get more, or at least bigger ones, that way. I was impressed with the Mr. Bubbles - they made a lot more bubbles per wand than I remember from the other brands we had growing up. (My brother and I used to sit on the back steps after church on Sundays blowing bubbles while my parents read the newspaper inside in the peace and quiet.)

As Amelia was chasing bubbles, she noticed the cats were outside, too and tried to chase them. She wound up falling into some briars and scratching her face and hand. Fortunately, she missed her eye and the damage isn't deep, but I was feeling plenty of mama guilt anyway.

She has a really cute straw hat with eyes and a bill that makes it look like a duck. I got it at Cracker Barrel as part of its 50% off Easter sale. I haven't had a chance to take a picture of her in it yet - but she's adorable and loves wearing it so I will get a chance soon, I'm sure. I've taken a little break from picture taking - so I have no pictures of the bubble making and chasing either. I just wanted to be able to concentrate on spending time with her, being in the moment and enjoying the experience rather than always trying to record it.

Here is a recent picture that I love. To me, it's reminiscent of Lauren Bacall in Casablanca. And the thing is - she put this hat on herself while she was playing. I'm glad she likes hats so much because they are fun!

[picture dated 4/5/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home