Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Toddler Bed

I had been thinking for a couple of weeks that it was time to figure out how to convert Amelia's crib to a toddler bed. Well, Easter Sunday afternoon presented a perfect opportunity to do just that. Ah, another milestone ... she's growing up!

Seriously, though, one thing I never anticipated about being a mother was that I would embrace change. Yet, almost every day there is something that changes - something is cast aside as no longer needed or wanted, clothing is outgrown, or there's a new word, ability, connection. And I love all the change, but I am not sure why. Usually I'm a sentimental fool, but I suppose with something, someone actually, as vibrant and full of life as Amelia, it's hard to cling to the past. For example: I don't miss the days of the gummy smiles because I love seeing how perfect her mouthful of 16 white, perfect teeth looks when she is laughing.

And in case you were wondering, the toddler bed was inspected and approved prior to use by Amelia. (The cat tent is now used to keep Amelia in rather than Tallulah out.)


[pictures dated 4/8/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home