Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

New Word

Amelia is getting a little closer to English. This past Tuesday she said apple for the first time and was indeed referring to the apple I was about to feed her. She's said it a few times since then, always within the appropriate context, so I'm counting it as a "word" unlike "juice" which she says randomly but will often refuse her sippy cup which I offer whenever she says it, so I guess she's actually saying something else entirely.

On occasion she's said other words in context, but then doesn't repeat them. An example of this is shoes. Duck remains her most often and clearly spoken word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home